top of page
CODE OF ETHICS
- Demonstrate adoption and application of high standards of integrity in all dealings with clients.
- Not engage in any trade practice which is considered illegal according to NZ law.
- Protect the interests of clients and the reputation of the trade (including but not limited to ensuring adequate insurance protection of clients work whilst in the member's care).
- Avoid deceptive claims, inaccurate or misleading terms either in advertising or in personal dealings with clients. No unreasonable promises to be made to clients.
- Make every effort to reach an amicable and speedy settlement in the event of any dispute with a client and demonstrate respect for the client.
- Claim membership of the Institute or Institute qualification only whilst membership or qualification is current and valid.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of both the institute and the trade of picture framing in NZ.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession through development and support of Institute standards, the education of fellow members and consumers.
- Recognise the authority of the institute in matters involving the resolution of disputes or claims and any failure to meet the standards of ethics of the Institute.
bottom of page